Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Public shame in place of self control - Part 2

The results of the "How should I punish myself?" poll are as follows:

Harry's Spring Run Off 5K (April 3) 25%
Mississauga Marathon 5K (May 15) 25%
Toronto Women's 5K (May 30) 25%
Toronto Women's Half Marathon (May 30) 25%

Gee, thanks.

Equally fruitless were the comments that alternated between responders prodding their own fat or encouraging me to maintain the status quo.

So, I'm going with none of the above and signing up for the Mississauga Marathon 10K on May 15. It starts at 6:30pm, which is a bonus for me because I am not a morning person. For now, I predict that I will finish in under an hour, but I may aim for a more competitive time if shamed into doing so. Training kvetching to come. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Montreal Marathon (or half or 10k 0r 5k...) Sept. 5!!!! C'mon!!! Road trip!!! ~r

Dangard Ace said...

Bag O' Chocolate! You know you want some! Muhahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow under an hour, good for you! I'm thinking of signing up for a triathlon in Kingston this summer, which should be challenging. Good luck to you!