Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fast approaching deadline

My 2009 resolution, in addition to killing more zombies, was to enter any reasonable call for entry in order to kick myself back into art or the semblance of creativity. One contest that I mentioned previously was Canada Writes '09, but I suddenly find myself facing the fast approaching deadline of February 7, midnight.

I'm undecided on which 200 words to hastily send in so maybe my loyal readers (brief cricket chirp) can suggest their favourites from Xiao Pangzi or whatever entry they can remember being particularly offended by.

My personal favourites include:
The Great Taste of Friends
Sayako vs Paris
Cold cuts - I reject!
Equality in my stomach
Hair for the ages
Running...to the max!

When I look at the dates of these blog entries, I wonder if I should enter at all. Have I not written anything decent lately? As I cry, please feel free to suggest a blog entry by February 6.

3 comments:

Flocons said...

Umm... go with either the blog where you talk about turning to veganism, or the blog about long distance running. They are both major life changing decisions, and likely to score points.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I liked the Hufu (most memorable) and the horse meat one (also food related).

celestialspeedster said...

I've submitted "The Great Taste of Friends", "Sayako vs Paris" and "Running to the max!" When the other three options were cut down to the 200 word maximum, they seemed to have no context. Thanks for the input. Here's hoping I make it big...well, as big as a blogger can get.