Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Cold cuts - I reject!

Today is my eighth day of temporary vegetarianism so technically, I could eat meat now.
In fact, I had the opportunity to stuff myself with a variety of meats at work. A catered lunch from Pickle Barrel featured an overabundance of cold cuts and not enough bread. In an effort to empty the heaving tray of meat, I unloaded its contents onto the plates of co-workers, on top of their nutritious sandwiches, their leafy salads, their meal replacement shakes. All a lucky person had to do was walk by and she found herself blessed with a shower of salami and corn beef.

This eagerness to unload meat was not out of fear of giving in to temptation. I can honestly say that the cold cuts were not appealing at all, not even when I was running my hands through them (while making sandwiches). This is probably not surprising since I have never been a fan of cold cuts, but it goes to show that my meat lust did not take over, even when given a flagrant opportunity.
I'm going to keep this vegetarian streak going because I am curious to see what type of meat will ultimately break my resolve. Will it be bacon, pork chop or ham? Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be Jack In the Box next month! Yummy greasy AMERICAN meat!!

Anonymous said...

I say we go out for dim sum, and see if you can resist siu mai and tsa siu bow. (Oh, heck, and ha gow, too -- does your vegetarianism include seafood?)

If you can resist that then you're either truly committed to vegetarianism, or secretly converted to Orthodox Judaism.

(I can see you popping up at synagogue hollering "look who's Hebrew now" to the tune of "Look Who's Evil Now" from Evil Dead: the Musical.)

celestialspeedster said...

I broke my streak for BBQ chicken at my favourite Vietnamese restaurant on Saturday, June 7. Then I had some BBQ fish and sausage at a Korean festival later that same day. I cannot resist Asian meat (do not take that statement out of context).

Since then, I've returned to vegetarianism. When it comes to meat, I'm going to be a weekend warrior. Woot woot!

Flocons said...

I guess the livestock of the world can rest easily now... but only from Monday to Friday.

Anonymous said...

So... you like Asian meat, do ya? Teehee...