Friday, January 16, 2009

Practice makes perfect

Writing a blog usually has be to a reward unto itself because there is no prestige to aim for nor loot to be had ... until now! Canada Writes '09 is a speed writing contest hosted by Brent Bambury on the CBC Radio show, "GO!"

Contestants are invited to send in their most entertaining 200 words in one of five categories: song lyrics, movie pitch, rant, ad and blog! Shortlisted writers will compete live on the air, whipping out 200 words in one hour, on April 18. Up for grabs is a Macbook for the ultimate winner and an iPod Touch for the runner-ups.

I feel somewhat qualified for this competition since I have a blog and regularly whip out entries over my lunch hour, plus I am actually a fan of "GO!" having attended one of their live tapings.

Readers of this blog tend to be writers of their own - it's an incestuous community. I encourage everyone to enter the contest by February 7. Good luck and godspeed your typing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you enter? Let me know how it goes!

Kathryn.