Monday, February 23, 2009

Climb every mountain

Canada Writes '09 released their short list of 20 finalists today and I am not amongst them. Pooh. I thought cannibalism as a topic would stand out but apparently not.

Coincidentally, today was the deadline for Nuit Blanche 2009, so while one opportunity burns to the ground, another lights up the drapes next door. I submitted my application early but still managed to stress out right up to the deadline, when I was reassured by organizers that they had received my application.

In an effort to keep my delusions of grandeur afloat, I am already looking forward to the next challenge:
  • Luminato - A call for exhibition proposals for the Luminato Box. I do not have high hopes for this one so I'm approaching it like a lottery: if I win an exhibition opportunity, I will be pleasantly shocked.
  • York Regional Police - A friend has decided to try out for the police force and so will I. I don't actually want to serve or protect so on the off chance that I pass the physical and written tests, I will proceed to ruin my chances by shaking my junk or advocating racial profiling.
  • Snowboarding - I bought my own snowboard, bindings, and boots from Boardsports - crazy, but true. So, I'll be hauling my new equipment to Earl Bales Park as much as possible over the next 30 days before my refund opportunity expires.

No comments: