Thursday, April 09, 2009

If not moustaches, then fedoras

In an attempt to tame his hair, Joe will often wear a baseball cap to squeeze his afro into submission. My problem with the baseball cap is that it makes Joe look young, sometimes, younger than me. This inaccuracy in age perception is a problem that needs to be fixed...oh, and his hair, too.

Back in December, Joe and I were in the Penguin store in Las Vegas and came across a spiffy fedora. It looked good on Joe's unusually large head and gave him an air of sophisticated cool. Unfortunately, Joe worried that he would not have sufficient opportunity to wear it since he works in the land of khakis and statement t-shirts, and therefore, chose not to make the purchase.

Now that the fedora has definitely hit the mainstream, I would like to make a case for it again. Joe recently tried to grow a beard but the rug burn was more than I could take. Why not make the fedora your Easter bonnet this weekend?

1 comment:

Dangard Ace said...

Woohoo! Time to break out my Indiana Jones fedora! I'm in style again!!!