Friday, August 07, 2009

So I think I can dance

Just a quick recap of the Season 5 finale of "So You Think You Can Dance?": it catered to me perfectly! I screamed at every encore performance because every single one was a favourite of mine, including the one decent hip hop routine of the season performed by Jeanine and Philip, and the Mia Michaels butt dance. The crowning of Jeanine as 'America's favourite dancer' was more than agreeable to Joe and me, because she is not Evan. Now, we have less than a week to recover before "So You Think You Can Dance? Canada" starts, soon to be followed by Season 6 of the American version in September.

However, I refuse to sit on the sidelines this Fall. After watching four seasons of great dancing, I have decided to climb on the bandwagon and take a ballet class at the National Ballet School of Canada. This decision was also influenced in part by my recent Doors Open tour of the School. Reality will rear its ugly head as I struggle to keep time with the music or work my limbs in a pleasing manner. If anyone needs a clue as to what I might do next after crashing and burning on the dance floor, take note that I also watch "So You Think You Can Fight?"

3 comments:

Fi said...

Though I applaud your decision, do you think ballet is the best dance to pursue? Perhaps breakdancing would suit you better esp since it often uses yoga moves.

celestialspeedster said...

I find the idea of breakdancing classes very strange. A dance with such close ties to 'the streets' should not be gentrified like that.

So, I do the Napoleon Dynamite thing and watch instructional videos at home.

Thorn said...

I want you to mix ballet with MMA. That would be the best event ever.