Monday, August 03, 2009

Bring your boombox and wedding dress

Cameron Crowe's directorial debut, Say Anything is screening for free at Harbourfront Centre this Wednesday, August 5. I can't wait to watch John Cusack lift that boombox, blaring "In Your Eyes", above his head while I (hopefully) catch a warm breeze coming off Lake Ontario. The 1989 film is a preferable example of celluloid teen romance to the cringe-inducing dialogue and shameless wish fulfillment that Twilight fans seem to enjoy. I would mutter, "Kids these days!" but I've seen grown women in the mob.

On Wednesday, August 12, the finale of the Free Flicks series will screen and the feature is Labyrinth. It was easy to convince friends to mark the event on their calendar but will they wear their wedding dresses as budget cosplay of Jennifer Connelly's character? See you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Say Anything screening was quite a popular topic on my Twitter this week. How was it?

celestialspeedster said...

Unfortunately, the screening coincided with the finale of "So You Think You Can Dance?" so I stayed at home, like a loser.

However, I will definitely be at the screening of Labyrinth!