Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Night Play List: For the love of Flocons

Flocons was kind enough to take over Friday Night Play List during my internet rehab. I didn't even know that anyone reads my Lists so thanks, Flocons, for being the single follower of my media suggestions. So, this double bill is for Flocons; a targeted wag of the finger. Enjoy.

The Hurt Locker (2008) - This intense film, directed by Kathryn Bigelow, was released last year but has been a sleeper hit this past summer. It is an apolitical, ground level look at the chaos in Baghdad and the soldiers who either thrive or falter in those conditions. I figure that Flocons will enjoy this because he likes crazy situations and reckless individuals, as long as he is not the one being reckless.

Kill Bill: Volume 1 (2003) - On the off chance that Flocons has not seen this film, I'm going to recommend it because it has become one of my all-time favourites. It features the hilarious violence that Quentin Tarantino is known for and has stood up to repeat viewings. I think Flocons will enjoy this because he loves weddings (Uma Thurman stars as The Bride) and he enjoys time travel (the non-linear story line makes you feel like you're being ripped out of the time continuum). Of course, there are the crazy situations that are a staple in Flocons's movie diet.

1 comment:

Flocons said...

I did see Kill Bill Part 1. You're right in that I liked the non-linear nature of that movie.

I haven't seen Hurt Locker yet, but I did read the reviews. I'm not in the mood for a war movie at present, but that should change, this movie will be first on my list.

Speaking of war movies, Brad Pitt is doing his rounds promoting Inglorious Basterds and claiming it's the best World War II movie ever. If he's joking, then I laugh. If he's serious, then I cry.