Friday, October 17, 2008

Whine restraint update

My abstinence from whining in the past week did not go well. Turns out that it is easier to stop the flow of material into your mouth (i.e. meat) than it is to curb the crap that can come out.

On another note, Joe has pointed out that I usually resort to bitching more than whining. In my mind, I had lumped whining, bitching and complaining under one faux pas. Even after this clarification, Joe did not slap me though I am sure he was sorely tempted at times.

I will continue to be as stoic as possible. Next on my list of bettering myself:
  • stop swearing in front of children
  • dampen my hair-trigger temper
  • reduce the elevation of my back fat
  • get off the internet long enough to read a book

2 comments:

Flocons said...

This is a good venture. Of course, you need to make sure you don't pent up all your emotions to be released in a furious moment of blind rage.

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Flocons... it's good to get lost in a haze of red -BLOOD RED - every once in a while. Hiding evidence from the poli- AHEM... cleaning up and be a pain though. :-p