Friday, April 04, 2008

Doppleganger update: wasted opportunity

Nothing much to say right now so I'll fall back on my trusty (hand waivers between 'dopplegangers' and 'cannibalism') ... doppleganger! (Previously on mein doppleganger.)

I brought up mein doppleganger with my parents recently and to my shock, found out that we share genes in addition to a name. It turns out that her father is my grandfather's youngest brother. Later, my travel agent mentions that a friend of his is a friend of hers. It's all just too much!

I came across her on Facebook and, for months, I was tempted to message her but what to say? 'I have gotten mistaken for you' or 'We share genes' or 'I look up information about you using Google'. So many ways to go wrong.

Unfortunately, the opportunity has been taken out of my hands; mein doppleganger recently left Facebook. Of course, I still have her mailing address but that is just too creepy, even for me.

I do not know if the opportunity will ever present itself again for mein doppleganger and me to meet but I vow that I will not hesitate again. Hopefully, a sense of humour runs in the family.

No comments: