Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Le cry

I bought a fabulous pair of Vivienne Westwood / Melissa shoes (seen above) while in Bangkok back in December, and have been waiting for the an opportune moment to show them off. With a high of 13C forecast today and no rain in sight, I thought the moment for my shoes to shine had arrived. Unfortunately, like a party thumb trap, the shoes have tightened in direct relation to my mounting despair. The Melissa company website states that their product "does not really stretch – any type of give will be negligible."

I will experiment with tights, baby powder and possibly foot binding in a bid to keep these shoes. If all options fail (or not) I will console myself at the One of a Kind Spring Show & Sale (March 31 - April 1, 2010) by buying some stylish clothes to draw attention away from my limping. Nothing works quite like cracking open the wallet for frivolous purchases to fan away the tears.

4 comments:

Sandra Régia said...

Hi, I have many Melissa shoes and have never heard of them tightening before! Maybe you can try a little trick: use a hair dryer on the shoes until they become hot. Put them on wearing thick socks and wait until they become cold again. After that the shoes should stretch enough for you to wear them comfortably.

celestialspeedster said...

Thank you, Sandra! I considered hacking off parts of my shoe but your recommendation is much more civilized.

To be clear, I don't think the shoes shrank; I believe my feet expanded under torture.

Sandra Régia said...

Oh yeah, this can happen, specially when using the Three Straps and Three Straps Elevated designs. Melissa shoes have very short straps. Good luck!

Unknown said...

reminds me of this: :-p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Ac4FXjsmQ