Friday, July 28, 2006

Indefinite vacation

I'm back from California! I fulfilled most of the requests and had a great time, both indoors and outdoors. But more on that later. On my first day back at work, I was laid off.

My boss sat me down in his office shortly after I arrived and gravely explained the financial disaster the business was now mired in. Never has an employer faced such an understanding and pleasant employee while giving said employee the heave-ho.

The giddiness I felt as I gathered up my plant, George, was comparable to Maria dancing in high altitudes while singing at the top of her lungs. I'm unemployed! Oh happy day!

My financial situation is now unstable and job searching is a grind, but, now, I can conduct my search without having to keep an eye out for the boss.

And there are two things that I can continue to enjoy, thanks to binding contracts: unlimited public transit and unlimited gym access. Like a caring friend, I'll be checking in on everyone I know along the subway and bus lines, probably around dinner time. Like a prison convict, I'll be pumping iron for lack of a better option.

And, of course, I'll be blogging. Blogging like a mofo. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that all the energy put into getting fired has been wasted in this way...the end result is the same but it's rather anticlimactic really. Congratulations! Sort of... Don't forget to feed George all kinds of steroided plant food, raw meats and train him in tactful carnivorism so he grows into a domesticated Triffid. Handy to have in a pinch those Triffids.

~Rog

Flocons said...

Congratulations on escaping that hellhole of a workplace.

john said...

how dare you! My mother was a saint!