Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hasta la vista, baby

The cycle of job searching, looking busy when your boss catches you job searching, and exercising like a convict can be exhausting. It's time for a vacation. I'm going to California, baby!

I have never been to California because it has always represented the opposite of how I see myself: tanned, blond, and ripped. But California has a huge population and, apparently, a segment of them are nerds. I go to San Diego for Comic Con 2006, the largest comic convention in the world.

I plan to spend about a day at the convention centre looking at comics but what about the rest of my time in California? What to do?

I welcome suggestions on what I should do in California. All suggestions will be taken as directives, which I will follow then write about the experience and aftermath on a future blog.

Here's hoping I don't end up racing down a freeway in a white Bronco or get my ass kicked by the LAPD. As California Governor Arnie would say, "Chill out, dickwad."

4 comments:

kattkieru said...

bwahaha, oh the power... the Power!

So.

You absolutely under no circumstances are allowed to miss Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. It's a chain of restaurants only found in California. I know you're going to be in San Diego, but on the off chance you make it to the LA area, you have your mission.

In-n-Out Burger, if you're an eater of the red meat, is also a Very Good Thing.

Anonymous said...

Aye aye, sir.
I will have chicken, waffles, and an in-n-out Burger. Maybe all at the same time.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Flocons said...

Sand... I need a bottle full of precious California sand! About half a litre should do.

Anonymous said...

Right.
I will go to the beach, get half a litre of sand, throw the bag over my shoulder, and go straight back to my dark hotel room.

Then what?