Thursday, December 31, 2009

Random thoughts at the end of the decade

It's too much pressure to try to sum up the past decade. At the top of my head, I would say that technology has been the most revolutionary thing about the 00's (I don't even begin to know how to say that); more specifically, the internet. It has changed the way people do business, interact with each other, and even think. For instance, I know that my attention span has been tragically shortened, thanks to the internet.

However, it was thanks to the efficiency of the internet that I was able to Google a random thought that lead to three years of college in the most impractical of studies, plan my wedding, and most recently. search for a house. The internet has made me the vague approximation of a normal adult that I am today.

I look forward to finding out how technology will exert its svengali-like influence over my life in the coming decade (oh please, let it be cyborgs). Happy new year!

1 comment:

Thorn said...

Oh please let it not be cyborgs. Have we learned nothing from films like Terminator?