Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Nuit Blanche 2009

The 4th annual Toronto Nuit Blanche will take place this coming weekend, starting at 6:55pm on October 3 and ending around 7:00am on October 4.

In previous years, I plotted out my course with military precision, to ensure that I squeezed every last bit of art out of the event. This year, I have only one project on the agenda: my own. I hope to check out nearby exhibitions if my project slows down at any point during the night, but my experience of 2009's Nuit Blanche will probably be myopic.

Friends have been loathe to commit to visiting my project, perhaps due to timing or because they hate art, so I can only hope that I find comfort in the kindness of strangers.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Maybe it is because your "friends" really don't like you. JUST KIDDING!

How about giving birth to one's child? Is that an acceptable excuse to miss your event, or should I leave her on her own & attend? I mean, it's coming out either way, and I can always get to know the kid later, when they can talk, drive & etc..

Joe said...

That's no excuse, you have at least 50 years to spend with your child. Celestial is doing this for one night only. Granted the birth of this particular child is a one time event...but where are your priorities man!

Flocons said...

To me, this is not an "either-or" decision... If your pregnant spouse ALSO goes to Nuit Blanche, then you can attend the art exhibit AND witness the birth of your child.

At this particular art exhibit, you will have the option of a water birth... and observers will pedal madly to provide enough light for you to view your new child.

Jason said...

Genius! I love you guys.