Thursday, June 11, 2009

Not an infomercial for pillows

For the first time in 15 years, I am not suffering from a stiff, achy lower back. Why? Because I have discovered the body pillow! Just $99.99! Call now!

Actually, I am just using a regular pillow but it is supporting my upper leg when I sleep on my side and the result has been the disappearance of my lower back problems. Previous to my use of this body pillow equivalent, yoga exercises helped ease the tension in my back but it was a treatment rather than a solution. I am ecstatic with this seemingly magical product, to say the least.

Also making me happy at night is my buckwheat pillow, which I bought at the Christmas 2008 One of a Kind Show from Harvest Pillows. I was inspired to buy this product after using a traditional Japanese buckwheat pillow during my stay at an onsen. It took about a month of restless nights before I became comfortable with the buckwheat pillow, but now, it provides all of the neck support of my previous favourite, the Obus Forme Standard Cervical Pillow, minus the frustration of weakening neck support over time. Joe inherited my old Obus Forme pillow and, despite its slightly degraded foam, it has cured him of the headaches that were brought on by his regular pillow's lack of neck support.

The body and buckwheat pillows are not for everyone but a sleep aid of some sort can cure seemingly unrelated body and head aches. The solution can be as simple as providing limb support using an spare pillow. Wow!

4 comments:

Dangard Ace said...

Just use Joe as your body pillow. It's cheaper isn't it?

celestialspeedster said...

Joe is not cheaper since he requires upkeep while the pillow was a one time purchase of $30 max.

Anonymous said...

Upkeep? I nearly fell off my chair laughing at that. Then again, you may eventually have to repurchase the buckwheat pillow, but Joe will always be there. Pros and cons to both scenarios, I guess it's good you don't have to chose. The pillow may be more comfortable than Joe for your neck and back, but Joe will talk back to you and make you dinner too....hmmm...tough choices...

Buckwheat Hull Pillows said...

Thank you very much for the information.. Very helpful for us..
regards
Buckwheat Hull Pillows Teams