Sunday, January 20, 2008

Gone Facebooking

It has been almost half a year since my last post and the simple reason is that I have become obsessed with Facebook.

Blogging has been less than rewarding at times because it frequently feels like I'm talking to a wall. Some of my friends occasionally leave encouraging comments out of pity, but usually, it's just me ranting to myself.

So, Facebook was a refreshing change. I collected 'Friends', left messages that were returned, and shared hilarious videos and photos. I got response and recognition.

But the problem with Facebook is that it's like a cocktail party. No one really wants to discuss anything of importance when they have the option of Superpoking you. And I am too much of a coward to air my views without a degree of anonymity.

So, I'm back to blogging even if it means talking to myself again.

6 comments:

Flocons said...

I also got sucked in by Facebook for a bit. Then the whole scene got bombarded with "Facebook application spam" that was cluttering everyone's profile pages. It all became a hideous eye sore. (I'm hoping that Mark Zuckerberg reads your blog.)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Facebook is over-rated. You have at least 2 readers! Hooray for Flocons and me!

Anonymous said...

Make that (at least) three! I was wondering when you'd update this thing... :-)

FaceBook is merely another grid to stay off of.

Vicki said...

Hey, I read your blog, if only to see what titillating thing you have to comment on.

Also, I like leaving the word "tit" on people's blogs. Heh heh.

Anonymous said...

I eagerly anticipate every update to your blog, Denise! You're always so pithy, the epitome of what blogging should be.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading your blog Denise. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to exploiting the users of [Online networking site name omitted] for my own financial gain.