Monday, August 14, 2006

Employed!

Oh happy day! I am now employed. And in the knick of time, too. I was starting to get hungry.

My new employer is Ryerson University. As a former University of Toronto student, in my swell college jacket and wearing my sweetheart's real diamante college ring, I used to jeer at "Ry High". But no more! While Ryerson is paying my bills, I spit on U of T for not employing me first.

My period of unemployment has taught me that I am not a model of discipline. Without the structure of work, my exercise regiment grinded to a halt and my personal hygiene suffered. I didn't even blog.

Instead, Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness became the guiding light for my daily activities. With the exception of my job search, I dedicated my time to inefficient activities that worried those around me, especially since I was being inefficient while gaining weight and looking rough.

But fear not, friends! I am just like YOU, again. Please call me and we can go out for drinks. I'm back!

No comments: