Friday, November 25, 2005

Nagging and bitching pays off

I have been a member of a car cooperative called Autoshare for over a year now and I have nothing but praise for the organization. It really has been a convenient and cost-effective way of having regular access to a car.

So, I started spreading the word about how great Autoshare is. In part because I really believed what I preached. But also because Autoshare offers a cash-back offer of $50 to you and to every new member who is referred to Authoshare by you.

In the summer, I worked extra hard because Autoshare was having a special: $100 for every new referral. Flocons was a prime candidate for the Autoshare special: he had a new girlfriend, no car, and liked to save money. As his new girlfriend drove him around, I would wag my finger at him while mouthing, "Autoshare." But he remained stubbon. Like a jerk.

Flocons eventually grew a sense of decency and decided to join up with Autoshare...two weeks after the $100 referral rate had expired.
"Well, at least we can each get $50." I said through clenched teeth.
"Well, my girlfriend and I are going sign up as a couple (slightly reduced rate) so we don't need the $50 cash back"
With his girlfriend present as I witness, I couldn't kill him. So, I nagged him to death instead.

Nearly half a year later, my latest Autoshare bill has come in and the fruits of my labour have arrived: a $50 credit. Thanks, Flocons. Thanks alot.

The moral of the story is: don't make me come after you or you'll regret it. Join Autoshare and tell them I sent you (contact me for my membership #).

3 comments:

Flocons said...

Hey, don't mention it. If nagging and bitching pays off, then you are destined to become more successful than all of us.

:P

Anonymous said...

My powers are limited though. How's my website coming along, eh?

Anonymous said...

yeah, how is her website coming along? You going to get it done before being imprisoned in some gulag in Asia?